Medavie HealthEd is the operating name for EMT Emergency Medical Technology Services Inc. (EMT) a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services . It is responsible to deliver a broad range of high quality and professional health education programs. Medavie HealthEd was established in 2012 consolidating two professional training institutions which, prior to this year, operated independently, but shared common resources. The former Atlantic Paramedic Academy and its programming was acquired by Medavie Health Services in 2008 from the St. John Ambulance New Brunswick Council; while the former Maritime School of Paramedicine (MSOP) and its’ programming was acquired from the St. John Ambulance Council for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island in 2010.
Medavie HealthEd is a provider of high quality, accredited Paramedicine training programs in both New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Over the years hundreds of students have successfully graduated from our paramedic training programs. This includes over two dozen Department of National Defence (DND) sponsored civilian students. Additionally, Medavie HealthEd has become the preferred provider of training for the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
The Primary Care Paramedic (PCP), Primary Care Military Delivery Model and Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) programs delivered in these provinces are aligned with the National Occupational Competency Profiles (NOCP) of the Paramedic Association of Canada and are accredited. This is the highest level of accreditation that is awarded. In addition, our programs have been approved by the respective provincial authorities in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
Medavie HealthEd continues to build on the proven track records of MSOP and APA in providing a wide range of programming tailored to the needs of both existing health professionals as well as learners with no prior healthcare experience. These programs are primarily delivered using two main campuses located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Moncton, New Brunswick, along with satellite delivery sites located at strategic locations across these provinces.
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH MEDAVIE HEALTH SERVICES
Medavie HealthEd is a subsidiary of Medavie Health Services with a focus on EMS and clinical training.
Our vision is to become the World’s leading clinical educator of paramedics.
Medavie HealthEd provides clinical education programs – with a focus on paramedicine – which generate paramedic practitioners of the highest calibre.
- Meeting the needs of our stakeholders through innovative thinking, solutions and the delivery of the highest quality services.
- Taking an active role by supporting local charities and community projects as it relates to bettering the life of the communities we serve.
- Responsibility for providing safe working conditions and a culture of respect demonstrating honesty, integrity, equity, courtesy and professionalism. As a service provider, co-worker and colleague we are all accountable.
- Promoting lifelong learning and supporting people to do their best through development, coaching and motivation.
- A culture that recognizes and cultivates dynamic leadership.