Medical Mart Atlantic Scholarship
Award value - $1500
Applicants for the Medical Mart Atlantic Scholarship must be registered and working as a paramedic or in a paramedic support role (instructor, coordinator, administration, etc.)
Registered paramedics must be accepted into an educational program offered at a post-secondary institution (Medavie HealthEd or otherwise) on either a full-time, part-time or distance basis (as defined by the institution). An acceptance letter from the educational institution or confirmation of attendance will be required to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the application form
- Identify the course in which you are enrolled and attach your acceptance letter from that educational institution (scanned to PDF)
- Include a resume and cover letter describing why you feel you are deserving of the scholarship and how this educational opportunity might benefit you or your profession (MS Word documents)
- Include two letters of reference from someone who is not a relative, one professional, one personal (MS Word document or scanned to PDF)
- Complete an essay from one of the topics posted below:
- In Paramedicine there is a significant amount of team work, working in pairs, and working with other outside agency members. Please describe why you are well suited for these settings.
- What role(s) does Paramedicine play as part of the health care system and how can Paramedics contribute to that changing system?
- We talk a lot about post-traumatic stress disorder, but is there such a thing as post traumatic growth? Is it possible that positive changes can come from seemingly devastating events? Explain.
The essay must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words in length (double-spaced). Only essays in MS Word format will be accepted.
The scholarship winners will be notified personally and their names will be announced on the Medavie HealthEd website. The award will be delivered upon verification of registration in the appropriate education program.
Please submit your entire application package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on May 17th, 2017 – winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
For any questions regarding this scholarship, please feel free to send us a message using the form below.