Thank you to all those that applied for the 2016 Medavie HealthEd scholarship programs and congratulations to those who won!
The winners of the 2016 Medavie HealthEd Scholarship program are:
- Joel Connolly was awarded $2500 from the John Rossitier Memorial Scholarship.
- David Feargrieve was awarded $1500 from Medical Mart Atlantic.
- Erin Kaiser was awarded $1500 from the Craig Desjardins Memorial Scholarship.
- Renee LeBlanc was awarded $1000 from the Andrea Thompson Memorial Bursary.
The winners of the 2015 Medavie HealthEd Scholarship program are:
- Lesley Jordan was awarded $2,000 from the John Rossiter Memorial Scholarship.
- Matthew Pigott was awarded $1,500 from Medical Mart Atlantic.
- Lori-Ann Corkum was awarded $1,000 from the Andrea Lynn Thompson Paramedic Bursary.
The scholarship application process usually opens in April where candidates are given a month to submit their documents. The committee meets every May to review all applications and submissions. Finalists may be asked to participate in an interview with the scholarship committee to help in making a final decision.
The scholarship committee is made up of the following individuals:
- Dr. Jennifer McVey – Medavie HealthEd Medical Director
- Karen Rossiter – Rossiter Family Representative
- Janel Swain – Emergency Medical Care (EMC) Representative
- Sarah Boudreau – Emergency Medical Care (EMC)
- Shawn Westbury - Island EMS (IEMS) Representative
- John Ferguson, VP Business Development Medavie EMS – Executive Sponsor and Acting Chair
- Lisa Adams – Administrative Support
- Tim Winchester - Communications Advisor