Medical Mart Atlantic
Award value – $1500
Applicants for the Medline Medical Mart Atlantic Scholarship must be:
- Registered and working as a paramedic or in a paramedic support role (instructor, coordinator, administration, etc.)
- Accepted into an educational program offered at a post-secondary institution (Medavie HealthEd or otherwise) on either a full-time, part-time or distance basis (as defined by the institution)
- An acceptance letter from the educational institution or confirmation of attendance will be required to apply for the scholarship
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the application form
- Scan and attach your acceptance letter or confirmation of attendance from your educational institution (PDF format).
- Attach a resume and cover letter describing why you feel you should receive this scholarship and how this education opportunity will benefit you or your profession (PDF or Microsoft Word file format).
- Include two letters of reference from someone who is not a relative; one professional letter and one personal (PDF or Microsoft Word file format).
- Complete an essay on ONE of the following essay topics:
- COVID -19 has introduced even more pressure onto the medical profession, which was already dealing with high rates of stress based on health system challenges. Factors can include but not be limited to physical isolation, a surge in care demands, concerns about personal protective equipment, ongoing risk of infection to self and family, financial hardship or worry. Built-up stress can leave health care providers feeling overwhelmed and battling extreme exhaustion. How can paramedics monitor their mental health during these times and how and what resources are available to support them as front line health care professionals?
- The role of a paramedic is a very diversified and flexible part of the health care system. How could paramedics be utilized during a pandemic to improve the health care needs of the community?
- What is the role of paramedics in the community in which they serve? (Both on and off the job.)
Your essay must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words in length (double-spaced) and submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
The scholarship winners will be notified personally and their names will be announced on the Medavie HealthEd website. The award will be delivered upon verification of registration in the appropriate education program.
Please submit your entire application package via email to email@example.com no later than midnight on June 30, 2020 – winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
For any questions regarding this scholarship, please feel free to send us a message using the form below.