Medical Mart Atlantic
Award value – $1500
Applicants for the Medline Medical Mart Atlantic Scholarship must be:
- Registered and working as a paramedic or in a paramedic support role (instructor, coordinator, administration, etc.)
- Accepted into an educational program offered at a post-secondary institution (Medavie HealthEd or otherwise) on either a full-time, part-time or distance basis (as defined by the institution)
- An acceptance letter from the educational institution or confirmation of attendance will be required to apply for the scholarship
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the application form
- Scan and attach your acceptance letter or confirmation of attendance from your educational institution (PDF format).
- Attach a resume and cover letter describing why you feel you should receive this scholarship and how this education opportunity will benefit you or your profession (PDF or Microsoft Word file format).
- Include two letters of reference from someone who is not a relative; one professional letter and one personal (PDF or Microsoft Word file format).
- Complete an essay on ONE of the following essay topics:
- One simple definition of patient safety is the prevention of errors and adverse effects to patients receiving health care. While health care has continued to evolve it has also become more complex, with greater focus on new technologies, medicines, decision making and interdisciplinary collaboration. As a paramedic, please share what you can do to prevent errors and adverse effects, as well as advocate for the safety of your patients.
- Ethical dilemmas often present themselves in the healthcare setting, including paramedicine. What are some examples of ethical dilemmas that a paramedic may encounter? How should a paramedic best approach these situations?
- If there was an advancement you would like to see in the field of paramedicine, what would it be and why?
Your essay must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words in length (double-spaced) and submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
The scholarship winners will be notified personally and their names will be announced on the Medavie HealthEd website. The award will be delivered upon verification of registration in the appropriate education program.
Please submit your entire application package via email to email@example.com no later than midnight on June 30, 2020 – winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
For any questions regarding this scholarship, please feel free to send us a message using the form below.