The purpose of this workshop is provide Paramedic preceptors with a general knowledge of Medavie HealthEd’s programs, Adult Education principles and to familiarize them with the evaluation tools used during the student’s practicum experience.
In a self-directed learning situation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the faculty and staff of Medavie HealthEd and how to contact them.
- Describe the aspects of Medavie HealthEd’s ambulance practicum evaluation tools and policy/procedures.
- List the different adult learning styles, and how to best meet the students’ learning needs.
- Identify their own feelings about the role that coaching plays in a preceptors work, review coaching skills and coaching techniques.
- Provide constructive feedback to peers.
- List the qualities of a good preceptor and listener.
- Apply the qualities of a good preceptor and a good listener.
- Identify negative behaviors and develop guidelines to handle negative behaviors.
- Explain why questions are used in a training environment, choose appropriate types of questions and describe questioning techniques.
- Describe effective evaluation methods.
- Describe how to counsel the candidate who is not successful during their ambulance placement.
For the session you will need a computer/mobile device that will allow you to log into our platform.
If you are interested in taking our Preceptor Workshop please contact the Clinical Coordinator.