Scholarships and Bursaries
Thank you to all those that applied for the 2021 Medavie HealthEd scholarship programs and congratulations to those who won!
The winners of the 2021 Medavie HealthEd Scholarship program are:
- Katherine Dufresne was awarded $1500 from the John Rossiter Memorial Scholarship.
- Dan MacDonald was awarded $1000 from Medline/Medical Mart Atlantic.
- Krista Lane was awarded $1500 from the Craig Desjardins Memorial Scholarship.
- Ernest Chan was awarded $1000 from the Andrea Thompson Memorial Bursary.
- Kristyn Smith was awarded $1000 from the Michael Edward Steeves Memorial PCP Bursary.
The scholarship application process usually opens in April where candidates are given a month to submit their documents. The committee meets every May to review all applications and submissions. Finalists may be asked to participate in an interview with the scholarship committee to help in making a final decision.
The scholarship committee is made up of the following individuals:
- Dr. Jennifer McVey – Medavie HealthEd Medical Director
- Karen Rossiter – Rossiter Family Representative
- Janel Swain – Emergency Medical Care (EMC) Representative
- Sarah Boudreau – Emergency Medical Care (EMC)
- Colleen Carey – Emergency Medical Care (EMC)
- Prema Cooper – Emergency Medical Care (EMC)
- John Ferguson, VP Business Development Medavie EMS – Executive Sponsor and Acting Chair
- Brad Reid – Medavie HealthEd Program Manager
- Tim Winchester – Communications Advisor
Camp Courage Scholarship
Other Bursaries and Scholarships
These bursaries are available to students in paramedic programs but are not facilitated by Medavie HealthEd. Any questions or requests for information should be directed to the appropriate contact listed on their documents.